Foraging Wild – Devon
A hands-on introduction to the edible landscape.
This immersive half-day introduction to the fascinating world of wild food foraging will turn your country walks into an inspirational journey of discovery as your senses tune in to nature's bounty all around you.
Under the expert guidance of Bex Flintham, an experienced forager and educator with over 20 years in the field, you will:
- acquire and develop plant identification skills
- learn how to be a safe and responsible forager
- discover what wild foods are available throughout the seasons
- enjoy new and exciting cooking ideas as you prepare a foraged lunch
- learn about the amazing restorative and therapeutic properties of everyday plants
- get great ideas for saving money on your weekly food shopping
- be inspired to use plants in arts and crafts
With a deep and authentic understanding of the natural world, Bex will help you to reconnect with nature and find new inspiration in your everyday surroundings as she unlocks the mysteries of the wealth of wild foods in our countryside.
£50 per person (*minimum age is 16 years), which includes foraged lunch
The two and a half hour experience will begin at 10am, with a brief in our education department before heading out into the park to explore its various habitats. After immersing yourself in the foraging world, you’ll round off the experience by preparing, cooking and tasting some of the wild foods that you’ve gathered, before enjoying a relaxing day in the park.
Places on the workshop are strictly limited so you will need to book in advance.
Things to know before you book:
- Cancellations must be made at least 14 days before date of booking. Any cancellations made after this time will not be refunded unless exceptional circumstances are involved, such as illness, injury, bereavement or severe travel delays. Proof of exceptional circumstances may be required before refund is given. If we have to cancel the experience for any reason, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your experience time.
- Minimum age is 16 years old.
- This ticket is only for our park in Devon.
All product images: