PlayWild Devon – Thursdays
PLAY WILD KIDS CLUB
Play Wild is a welcoming and friendly group for children, under the age of five, and their adventurous grown-ups to share some healthy outdoorsy (sometimes muddy!) fun within the glorious grounds of Wildwood Devon.
We gather in the Play Wild garden one morning per week before getting stuck into a session packed with free play and exploration, cooking, crafts, games, music and stories. Led by our Outdoor Education Instructor Donna, children are encouraged to engage with the natural world around them and are given the opportunity to learn some practical life skills along the way.
Whilst the emphasis is on sharing these unique experiences with your little ones there is often time for grown ups to grab a cuppa and enjoy a chat with some like-minded parents, grandparents, and carers.
Sessions will run in a six week block. To allow for consistency and progression we only take bookings for full term blocks of sessions and cannot offer drop in sessions or pay as you go.
The group is aimed at children between one and five years old, however if you feel your child would benefit in attending before they reach the age of one please do come along. Babies are of course welcome but the rough natural terrain necessitates off-road sturdy pushchairs or slings/carriers.
Please note that children remain the responsibility of their accompanying adult/s throughout the sessions and to ensure the safety of all children we advise a ratio of one adult to three children.
Things to bring with you
Hot drinks, including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and squash are provided but we advise that you bring along additional healthy snacks or drinks that you and your child may require for the session.
To fully enjoy the range of activities on offer children and adults must be dressed appropriately for the changeable weather. This should include sun cream, hats, sensible footwear, long trousers and sleeves in summer and warm layers including waterproof coats and trousers, boots, hats and gloves.
If you decide to cancel your booking we require that you give a minimum of two weeks notice prior to the term starting provided in order to receive a full refund.
Whilst babies under walking age are free we also offer sibling discounts and childminder discounts, please email us for further details.
The Play Wild sessions are designed around a programme of multiple dates therefore if you are unable to attend a session due to illness or holidays, refunds and transfers do not apply.
If in the unlikely event that a session is cancelled by Wildwood Devon, which can happen due to a circumstance outside our control such as extreme weather conditions or the park is forced to close for whatever reason, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another convenient date for both parties.
Things to know before you book
- Your booking for 22nd February will cover six weekly sessions from this date.
- Cancellations MUST be made at least 14 days before the start of the term. Any cancellations made after this time will not be refunded unless exceptional circumstances are involved. Proof of exceptional circumstances may be required before refund is given. If we have to cancel the sessions for any reason, you will be entitled to a refund for the session or we can carry the session over.
- Wildwood Devon reserves the right to change or cancel any dates for reasons such as extreme weather conditions or staff absence, we will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to attend a session refunds and transfers do not apply.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that after the term has begun, online booking will no longer be available. Instead contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01404 822188 or 07305 882077. Payment can be made via our kiosk in the park. Your place will be confirmed once we have received your booking details and payment.